Your new go-to weeknight dinner recipe.
Impress your family and friends with this nutrient-packed dish that brings out flavors of Tuscany. This easy recipe is packed with omega-3s from the salmon and walnuts, while bringing you the benefits of anti-inflammatory foods like red onions and kale.
- 1/2 pound salmon
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (or 1 small tomato, diced)
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed well
- 1 lemon, grated for zest
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mirin or white wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Season the salmon with a little salt and pepper.
3. Place the salmon skin-side down on a lightly greased baking dish.
4. Place oil, garlic, and onion in a deep skillet (or a wok with a lid), and turn heat to medium.
5. When onions begin to sizzle, add pinch of salt and picante spice, then sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and corn if using.
6. While the onions are sautéing, place the salmon in the oven to cook for about 12 to 15 minutes. No need to flip.
7. Remove kale stems, dice, and stir in. Slice kale leaves and stir in along with lemon zest. Sauté for 2 minutes.
8. Add water and mirin, cover, and reduce heat to low.
9. Cook until kale is wilted and a deep green, about 4 minutes. 10. Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar.
11. Remove the salmon.
12. Transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with walnuts and avocado.
Enjoy this nutrients and vitamin rich recipe? We’ve got plenty of recipes to help you find inspiration to start cooking healthy meals at home. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more healthy recipes you’ll love.
Published on 5/19/22
Photo credit: iStock