Grocery Plus Benefit FAQ
No, this benefit will end on December 31, 2022. However, starting January 1, 2023, the Clover LiveHealthy Rewards program will begin, allowing members to earn reward dollars that may be used toward things such as groceries and more.* To learn about LiveHealthy Rewards, contact Clover Health Member Services or visit our LiveHealthy Rewards page.
*Excludes alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. Other limitations may apply. Please contact Clover Health for details.
To qualify for the Grocery Plus benefit, you must be in a plan that is offering the benefit and have at least one of the following health conditions:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Chronic alcohol and other drug dependence
- Cancer (excluding pre-cancer conditions)
- Certain cardiovascular disorders
- Certain chronic lung disorders
- Certain chronic and disabling mental health conditions
- Certain neurologic disorders
- Certain severe hematologic disorders
- Chronic arthritis (including rheumatoid and osteoarthritis)
- Chronic heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- End-stage liver disease
- End-stage renal disease requiring dialysis (all modes of dialysis)
- Other frailties
Call Member Services at 1-888-778-1478 from 8am-8pm local time, 7 days a week*
Qualifying members in GA, NJ, and SC will receive a $20 allowance to use only on groceries between August 1st and September 30, 2021.
Qualifying members in AZ, GA, MS, NJ, PA, SC, TN, and TX will receive a Grocery Plus benefit beginning on October 1st, 2021. If you qualify, you will have the choice to use your Q4 (October–December) quarterly allowance to purchase groceries and/or over-the-counter items with your Healthy Benefits Plus card. If you do not qualify for the Grocery Plus benefit, you may still use your allowance for OTC items.
Qualifying members will have the $20 grocery allowance added to their Healthy Benefits Plus card to spend on groceries. This is in addition to your regular over-the-counter (OTC) benefit.
Please note: The $20 allowance can be used only on qualifying grocery items. You can still purchase OTC items using your OTC quarterly allowance.
- For 2021:
- New Jersey: all plans except Choice PPO 032 and Choice Value PP0 042
- AZ, GA, MS, PA, SC, TN, TX: all plans
- For 2022:
- More information will be available on October 1st, 2021.
Yes, members in GA, NJ, and SC who qualify for the $20 grocery allowance will have until September 30th, 2021 to use the allowance or lose it. The benefit amount will not roll over to October.
We are pleased to share that you have a variety of locations at which to use your Healthy Benefits Plus card:
- In NJ, you can use your card at ACME, CVS, Duane Reade, Stop & Shop, Walgreens, and Walmart locations. You cannot use your card at CVS locations located within Target stores.
- In GA and SC, you can use your card at CVS, Food Lion, Kroger, Walgreens, and Walmart locations. You cannot use your card at CVS locations that are located within Target stores.
At checkout, after your items are scanned, have the store clerk scan the barcode on the back of your Healthy Benefits Plus card to use your allowance.
We are pleased to offer a wide range of items to help with healthy eating: fresh fruits and vegetables, canned fruits and vegetables, frozen produce and meals, fresh salad kits, dairy products, meats, seafood, beans and legumes, pantry staples (flour, sugar, spices, etc.), healthy grains (bread, cereals, pastas, etc.), nutritional shakes and bars, soups, and water/vitamin water.
Items that do not qualify are non-food and pet items, alcohol, baby formula, candy, chips, coffee shop items, desserts, fresh baked goods, soda, and tobacco.
Yes, your card works with store discounts, coupons, and other assistance you may have.