Effective Date: October 1, 2018
Types of information we collect
In addition, we may automatically collect information about your device and your use of the Services (“Usage Information”). This information can include your IP address, browser type, device ID, domain names, access times, and pages visited.
How we use Personal Information
We collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate the Services and respond to your requests.
- Create an account for you to access the Services.
- Inform you about other products or services available from Clover Health and our affiliates or business partners.
- Contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our current services and potential new services that may be offered.
- Send you important administrative announcements about Clover Health, your account, or updates to our policies.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Cookies and other data collection technologies
We use various technologies that help us manage the operations of the Services, remember your preferences, and track usage behavior so that we can tailor information to make your visits more enjoyable and meaningful.
Our data collection technologies include:
- Cookies: A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a webpage server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Web beacons and GIFs: Certain pages on the Services contain web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel tags and clear GIFs), which we use to monitor how users use the Services.
- Local Storage and Local Shared Objects: We use local shared objects and local storage to enhance user experience Local storage is similar to browser cookies but can store data more complex than simple text. By itself, local storage cannot do anything to or with the data stored on your device. Like cookies, local storage can only access personal data that you have provided to the Services. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies and manage your local storage through your web browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience certain features of the Services.
Some web browsers incorporate a "do-not-track" ("DNT") or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity tracked. If a website receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser's user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we (along with many other website operators) do not currently respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
When we share Personal Information
We will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to third parties. We may share and disclose your Personal Information as described at the time we collect your Personal Information or as follows:
- Service providers: We may share your Personal Information with individuals or companies that we contract with to help us deliver the Services. These service providers are obligated by contract to use your Personal Information only on our behalf and at our direction.
- With our affiliates: We may share data with companies within our corporate family in order to coordinate our Services.
- Corporate changes: We may sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets to a third party in connection with a merger, consolidation, corporate reorganization, acquisition, reorganization or sale of equity or assets, or in the event of a bankruptcy. In such event, your Personal Information may be transferred to that third party.
- For legal purposes: We also may share your Personal Information that we collect, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support internal functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, order, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory process. We also may share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
Requesting access, modification or deletion of Personal Information
You may email us at email@example.com with your request to access, modify or delete your Personal Information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We employ reasonable security measures designed to safeguard the Personal Information under our control from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee or warrant the confidentiality or security of your Personal Information. We encourage you to take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information, such as using a complex password.
Note to international users
The Services are hosted in the United States and subject to U.S. law. If you are accessing the Services from outside the United States, please be advised that U.S. law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction. By accessing and using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your Personal Information in the United States.
Protection of children's privacy
The Services are not designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of thirteen. Consistent with the requirement of the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent's verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently, we will delete that information.
How to contact us
Attention: Clover Privacy Officer
NJ P.O. Box 471
Jersey City, NJ 07303
Phone: 1-888-778-1478 (TTY 711)