Mail Order Pharmacy
Your prescription benefit plan, administered by CVS Caremark, includes a mail order pharmacy service. For prescriptions that you or your family members take regularly, the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy will deliver them to you—at no extra cost.
Why should I use a mail order pharmacy service?
Mail service saves you time and trips to your local retail pharmacy. With mail order, you can receive up to a 100-day supply of medicine.
By using CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy, you can:
- Receive a larger supply of your prescription medications
- Enjoy the convenience of receiving your medication at the location of your choice (your home, office, or vacation location)
- Speak with a registered pharmacist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Order medicine and receive health information online at Caremark
How do I get started?
It’s easy. Just log onto www.caremark.com/faststart. Once you provide the requested information, we’ll contact your doctor for a 100-day prescription. If you haven’t registered with Caremark yet, be sure to have your Prescription Card with your Member ID number handy when registering for the first time.
If your needed medication is a controlled drug, you may have to obtain a written prescription from your doctor.
- Fill out and send in a mail service order form ( English | Español ).
- Ask your doctor for a written prescription. If you need the prescription filled right away, ask your doctor to write two prescriptions for your long-term medicines:
- The first for a short-term supply (e.g. 30 days) to be filled right away at a participating retail pharmacy
- The second for the maximum day supply allowed (up to a 90-day supply) with as many as three refills (if appropriate) to be mailed to CVS Caremark
Ordering a new prescription
Choose one of the following ways to order a new prescription from CVS Caremark:
- Order a prescription using FastStart®.
- Call CVS Caremark toll-free at the number on your Member ID card. We’ll then contact your doctor for a 100-day prescription of your long-term medication. When you call, be sure to have your Member ID number, your medicine name, and your doctor’s name and phone number handy. Also, have your payment information and mailing address ready, too.
Refilling a prescription
- Online: Ordering refills at Caremark.com is fast and easy. Register online to receive refill reminders and other important updates. And have your Member ID card handy when registering.
- By Phone: Call the toll-free Customer Care number on your prescription label for a fully automated refill service. And remember to have your Member ID number ready.
- By Mail: You’ll receive an order form with each mail order service you request. Simply fill in the ovals for the refills you need. If you require a refill for a prescription not included on the form, write the prescription number in the space provided. Then send the form to CVS Caremark along with your payment.