A healthy and easy sheet pan recipe for hassle-free cooking!
Did you know that kale is considered one of the most nutrient-rich plants?
This lemon roasted chicken thigh with gnocchi and kale sheet-pan recipe makes for a delicious dinner that’s also fast, easy, and healthy.
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces prepared potato or cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey 1-2 medium tomatoes (about 1 pound total), stems removed and cut in wedges
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch kale, de-ribbed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line the sheet pan with foil.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and paprika. Lay the chicken in the center of the pan and the gnocchi around the edges. Spread the lemons over the top and sprinkle thyme over the chicken. Drizzle everything with oil.
- Roast 10 minutes. Add in the kale and stir everything (turning gnocchi to crisp on all sides). Continue roasting until the chicken is crispy and cooked through, and the gnocchi are golden brown and tender—about 20 to 25 minutes more.
Place the chicken on two plates. Use a spatula to toss the lemons, kale, gnocchi, and the cooking juices together well. Serve the chicken with the gnocchi and crispy kale on the side.
This article was originally published in the fall 2021 issue of Clover Living magazine.
Photographer: Ryan Liebe; Prop Styling: Susie Meyers; Food Styling: Rebecca Jurkevich; Photo Editor: Sarah Rozen; Creative Direction: Peter Yates
Published on 11/14/21