What events qualify me for the Special Enrollment Period?
You can make changes to your Medicare Advantage and Medicare prescription drug coverage when certain events happen in your life, like if you move or you lose other insurance coverage. These chances to make changes are called Special Enrollment Periods (SEPs). Rules about when you can make changes and the type of changes you can make are different for each SEP.
Some of the most common are:
- You just turned 65
- You recently moved to a new town
- You’re eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid
- You just retired and lost the coverage you had at your employer
- You qualify for Extra Help paying for Medicare prescription drug coverage
- You've recently had a change in employment
Visit Medicare.gov for the full list of qualifying events.
Please call our Member Services at 1-888-778-1478 (TTY 711). Our hours are from 8am – 8pm local time, 7 days a week.*