Replace your sandwich spread with this veggie-based romesco sauce.
Romesco sauce is a bold-flavored pepper and tomato sauce that comes from northern Spain. It’s quick to make in a food processor or blender, and you can use it many ways.
- 4 roasted red bell peppers (from a jar), drained of liquid
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons panko or white bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large firm, ripe plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the roasted red peppers, olive oil, almonds, bread crumbs, garlic, tomato, and sherry vinegar in a food processor and process until mostly smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
How to Use Romesco Sauce
Need ideas for how to use your romesco sauce? Enjoy it on sandwiches, seafood, whole-wheat pasta, or grilled vegetables. Check out this recipe for Broccoli-Parmesan Sliders.
This recipe was originally published in the summer 2022 issue of Clover Living magazine. Want to see more articles like this? Subscribe to Clover Living magazine for free (if you aren’t already subscribed) here.
Published on 6/3/22
Photo credit: Getty