This breezy, Mediterranean chicken is a dinner dream.
What's for dinner? Try this recipe for Fried Paprika Chicken with Lemons with the easiest hands-on prep time and almost zero cleanup. The breast meat remains juicy and deeply flavored, without dealing with bones, brines, or even the grill.
Preserved lemons for the chopped lemon and juice offer a more nuanced flavor, but regular fresh lemon and lemon juice are still delicious. To make it a meal, serve the chicken sliced over salad or rice, with cucumber salad and plain, full-fat yogurt for drizzling or dipping.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1⁄2 lemon, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 hothouse or English cucumber
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Cooked rice or toasted naan, for serving
- Plain, full-fat yogurt, stirred, for serving
- Combine the chopped lemon with 1⁄4 cup of the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a zip-top bag or stainless steel bowl. Add the paprika and chicken breasts, toss to coat, and seal or cover. Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in your air fryer at 400 degrees F until the chicken is plump and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the cucumber. Toss in a bowl with the remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and then toss with the dill. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken sliced over salad or rice, with cucumber salad, toasted naan, and a few tablespoons of yogurt for drizzling or dipping.
This article was originally published in the Summer 2021 issue of Clover Living magazine.
Photographer: Johnny Miller; Prop Styling: Sarah Smart; Food Styling: Rebecca Jurkevich/Edge Reps; Photo Editor: Sarah Rozen