Kickstart your morning with this easy shake that's full of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.
Here’s a simple, repeatable breakfast shake that you can count on for delivering big on antioxidant-boosting berries along with probiotic-rich yogurt.
If you want to keep it bright pink, make it as is—but if you don’t mind muting the color a bit, add in a handful of baby spinach or kale to pack in extra fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamin K. (You’ll see it, but not taste it—promise!)
Serves: 2 (makes 2 1⁄2 cups)
- 1⁄2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 1 cup whole milk, oat milk, or nut milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Splash pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale (optional)
- In a personal blender, blend the banana, berries, milk, yogurt, vanilla, honey or syrup, and greens (if you’re using) until completely smooth and frothy; pour into a chilled glass, and enjoy.
Adapted from Every Day Is Saturday, by Sarah Copeland (Chronicle Books)
This article was originally published in the Summer 2021 issue of Clover Living magazine.
Photographer: Johnny Miller; Prop Styling: Sarah Smart; Food Styling: Rebecca Jurkevich/Edge Reps; Photo Editor: Sarah Rozen
Published on 7/29/21