Bursting with Berries Morning Shake Recipe
Kickstart your morning with this easy shake that's full of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.
Here’s a simple, repeatable breakfast shake that you can count on for delivering big on antioxidant-boosting berries along with probiotic-rich yogurt.
If you want to keep it bright pink, make it as is—but if you don’t mind muting the color a bit, add in a handful of baby spinach or kale to pack in extra fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamin K. (You’ll see it, but not taste it—promise!)
Serves: 2 (makes 2 1⁄2 cups)
- 1⁄2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 1 cup whole milk, oat milk, or nut milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Splash pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale (optional)
- In a personal blender, blend the banana, berries, milk, yogurt, vanilla, honey or syrup, and greens (if you’re using) until completely smooth and frothy; pour into a chilled glass, and enjoy.
If you make this recipe, let us know what you think and tag us in your photos on social media! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more recipes and kitchen tips.
Adapted from Every Day Is Saturday, by Sarah Copeland (Chronicle Books)
This article was originally published in the Summer 2021 issue of Clover Living magazine.
Photographer: Johnny Miller; Prop Styling: Sarah Smart; Food Styling: Rebecca Jurkevich/Edge Reps; Photo Editor: Sarah Rozen
Published on 7/29/21