Broccoli-Pea Summer Soup Recipe
Try this delicious soup recipe for a quick dinner that's loaded with vegetables.
Who doesn’t love a weeknight soup that’s quick as a wink to cook, with vibrant flavor and color—something you know you can repeat, with just tiny tweaks to keep it fresh and surprising? Top it with crispy chickpeas, croutons, or even shredded cheddar cheese.
When it comes to the core ingredients, there’s loads of flexibility there, too. The broccoli and peas can switch roles as the headliner, depending on what’s in your crisper drawer. Both fresh or frozen broccoli and peas work here, making this a great all-weather classic. (Bonus: Frozen veggies will save you a bit of prep time and also keep the color a bright, punchy green.)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 (about 6 cups)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 10 oz fresh or frozen peas
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut in florets (about 4 cups), fresh or frozen
- 1 small head fennel, trimmed and quartered (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Yogurt, croutons, or freshly grated cheddar or Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Combine broth, peas, broccoli, and fennel in electric pressure cooker and seal. Cook on the steam setting or high pressure for 1 to 2 minutes. Release the steam manually.
- Transfer the soup to a blender in batches) to process until smooth, about 3 minutes. Return to the pot on the Keep Warm setting until you’re ready to serve.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with pepper, croutons, yogurt, or cheese. Drizzle with finishing oil. Serve warm.
If you make this recipe, let us know what you think and tag us in your photos on social media! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more recipes and kitchen tips.
Adapted from Instant Family Meals by Sarah Copeland (Clarkson Potter)
This article was originally published in the Summer 2021 issue of Clover Living magazine.
Photographer: Johnny Miller; Prop Styling: Sarah Smart; Food Styling: Rebecca Jurkevich/Edge Reps; Photo Editor: Sarah Rozen
Published on 7/29/21